I found http://tools.summitmedia.co.uk/spider/ which is a spider simulator and discovered my home page was not readable. So I made some changes and am getting a better result now. I have also re-loaded my pages with more realistic tags and made the content more relevant to the tags. Strangely, the process has also made me focus on the business, by thinking what our clients need and will look for. I have seen numerous sites where they are just coming out with marketing stuff and not focussing on the customer’s needs. Hence it was back to New Product Development.
My web page is now on Google – it seems we are getting there. I was surprised that Yahoo, MSN, Live Search etc had me listed on the first day I published my site and I am now well indexed – I thought this was very quick. It seems to have been a long wait to get one page on Google, and I am still not indexed (you have to type in MP Bio Science as one word or Global Excellence in Powder Blending but not MP Bio Science which is also in the header). But at least I am not invisible any more. And it weas only a week.
Now I need to get onto the right searches – finding relevant keywords that accurately describe what we do.